What is the PAC
The Parent Advisory Committee (PAC) is the officially recognized voice of school parents, sanctioned by the Ministry of Education. Through PAC, parents and guardians have an opportunity to express their concerns and aspirations on matters relating to the school and education.
Who are in the PAC
If you are a Jamieson parent or guardian, you are already a member of PAC! You are welcome to attend monthly PAC general meetings, and you entitled to vote. Learn about the latest news or bring your questions/concerns to meetings and make yourself heard.
What does the PAC do
Jamieson PAC strives to support our school community by:
- Educating and informing families about the school
- Fundraising for school needs
- Advocating on behalf of students and families
PAC Executives meet monthly to discuss activities, projects and current issues.
What does the PAC fund
PAC’s two primary sources of funding are the Hot Lunch program, and the community gaming grant. Funds raised are used to enrich the learning experience, enhance extracurricular opportunities, and support students and staff.
Past funding has supported:
- School supplies – Student agendas, annual classroom grant for class supplies, playground buddy jackets, art supplies
- Technology needs – software, hardware, accessories
- Library needs – books
- Strings program – music instruments, etc.
- Field trips and guest presentations – annual VSO field trips, Saleema Noon body health education, Infinitus music workshops
- School equipment – sports equipment, bicycle racks, playground equipment
- Scholarships – Eric Hamber and Churchill secondary school scholarships for outstanding Jamieson alumni students.
- Subscribe to PAC news
- Volunteer at school or at PAC events
- Attend PAC meetings
- Purchase gift cards, plants and more, and support Jamieson’s fundraising initiatives
Chair: Kathy Tran
Vice Chair: Cindy Ling
Secretary: Lily Cheng
Treasurer: Kim Lai
Members at large