Eric Hamber PAC
Dear Parents and Guardians,
On Wednesday, January 23rd, your Hamber PAC and the Hamber Alumni Association made a delegation to the Vancouver School Board Facilities Planning Committee. The presentation can be found HERE. At that meeting we asked the VSB Trustees to pause and allow for the proper consultation to take place in designing of the new Eric Hamber. We also asked the Trustees to do what they were elected to do – make a motion to advocate on our behalf to the Ministry of Education to get Hamber built right!
As a follow up we are asking you to please:
- Attend two meetings at the VSB offices.
◦ The first one is on Monday, January 28th at 7:00pm. This meeting is when the elected VSB Trustees should make our motion.
◦ The second meeting is on Wednesday, February 13th at 7:00pm. We need a strong showing of support at these meetings!
- Continue to write to the trustees, the Minister of Education, and your local MLA. Let them know how you feel. Tell them your story. How has your child benefited from the programs offered at Eric Hamber?
- Sign the PETITION. Forward to your family and friends.
- Please send us video clips. We’re creating an archive of short (less than 30 seconds) video clips. We may use some of them in a short video. We’re looking for anything that portrays Hamber spirit! Sports, clubs, games, practises, rehearsals, spirit week, performances, competitions, fashion shows, victories, defeats, participation, we love our school…! Please upload your video to our Dropbox. (Please note that by sending us your videos, you are giving us permission to use it in a promotional video and it maybe broadcasted on the internet or in presentations.)
Thanks for your ongoing supporting in getting Hamber built right!