Welcome to the Fundraising Information Page!
One of the most important functions of the Jamieson PAC is to raise funds to enrich student life at school with special programs, field trips, resources and community events.
Planning is underway for the 2022/2023 school year. Stay tuned for updates!
What was funded for 2020-2021?
- Technology. PAC continues to fund for technology needs, such as iPads and laptops.
- Sports activity bags for each division. Kept separately in each classroom, the sports equipment in each bag gave classes a chance to have individual play or spread-out no-contact play outside at the adjacent park and/or on school groups.
- Special programs. The UBC Geering Up Engineering Outreach hosted 17 interactive online workshops for grades K-7 during the pandemic.
- Online Field trips. PAC purchased 8 different fun online programming shows from the Vancouver International Children’s Festival.
- Scholarships. Four deserving Jamieson alumni attending Eric Hamber and Churchill will be awarded monetary scholarships to aid their post-secondary education.
- Classroom support. The PAC provided funding to teachers and support staff for discretionary purchases not covered by VSB budget.
- Books and other materials for the Library. Visit the library for the new titles showing up on the shelves!
- Beach (School Spirit) Day. Popsicles for all students.
- Gardening Supplies. Supporting gardening initiatives at the school.
How does the PAC raise these funds?
With the generous support of our Jamieson community! The PAC holds many fundraising initiatives throughout the school year. The Hot Lunch program is Jamieson’s largest and most successful fundraising activity, raising approximately $30,000/year for the school; however this program has been suspended because of the pandemic. However other fundraisers that were able to be held included: Gift Cards, Eat Yer Meat, Spring Plant Sales, and Yearbooks. Be sure to check the Fundraising tab often for updates.
How can I help?
These fundraisers would not be possible without the support of our Jamieson administration/teachers/community, and help from our Jamieson families. Consider volunteering for one or more of our programs. Click the button below to sign up!